Chapter Three Code of Ethics
1. Licensees shall discharge their duties with fidelity to the public and to their clients and with fairness and impartiality to all.
2. Opinions expressed by licensees shall only be based on their education, experience and honest convictions.
3. A licensee shall not disclose any information about the results of an inspection without the approval of the client for whom the inspection was performed, or the client’s designated representative unless an unsafe condition is discovered.
4. No licensee shall accept compensation or any other consideration from more than one interested party for the same service without consent of all interested parties.
5. No licensee shall accept commissions or allowances from other parties dealing with the client in connection with the inspection report
6. No licensee shall offer commissions, fees or payment to other parties dealing with the client for the referral of the inspector to the client for an inspection.
7. No licensee shall express, within the context of an inspection, an appraisal or opinion of the market value of the inspected property.
8. Before the execution of a contract to perform a home inspection, a licensee shall disclose to the client any interest in a business that may affect the client.
9. No licensee shall allow his or her interest in any business to affect the quality or results of the inspection work that the licensee may be called upon to perform.
10. Licensees shall not engage in false or misleading advertising or otherwise misrepresent any matters to the public.
11. Licensees shall bear a good reputation for honesty, trustworthiness and integrity.